This aim is lined up with EU environmental policy in terms of chemical products, mainly with Regulation (CE) n.º 1907/2006 (REACH) and Directive 2009/128/CE. Within the EU Basis Frame of Environmental Policy, WASTE4GREEN fits in some objectives with General Program of Union Action in terms of Environment till 2020, and with Roadmap towards an efficient European use of resources.
Specific objectives of this Project are:
- Prove that the use of the two bioactive formulates produced is safer, for environment and human health, than the utilization of chemical origin pesticides, since potentially they show lower toxicity than conventional ones.
- Demonstrate that as much extracts as formulates show biocide activity against stone fruits bull’s-eye pests and illnesses.
- Confirm that formulates´ efficacy is replicable and transferable to other crops and EU countries.
- Improve food safety, producing residues-free fruit.
- Assure selected residual biomass supply as raw material, and scale up of bioactive compounds ´extractions at pilot scale.
- Determine synergies among bioactive principles of natural extracts.
- Perform activities that allow and assure sustainability and transferability of final products, throughout a Dissemination and Exploitation Plan that permit a long term continuity of project results.
- Identify positive environmental impacts on biodiversity and climate change of new formulated products.
- Identify synergies of the use of these two new formulates with other agro-environmental practices.